6 Air Purifying House Plants for Your Feng Shui
Air purification in Feng Shui is important because of the increasing environmental toxins in products and the amount of technology in our world.
1. Bamboo Palm: According to NASA, it removes formaldehyde and acts as a natural humidifier.
2. Snake Plant: Found by NASA to absorb nitrogen oxides and formaldehyde.
3. Areca Palm: One of the best air purifying plants for general air cleanliness.
4. Spider Plant: Great indoor plant for removing carbon monoxide and other toxins or impurities. Spider plants are one of three plants NASA deems best at removing formaldehyde from the air.
5. Peace Lily: Peace lilies could be called the “clean-all.” They’re often placed in bathrooms or laundry rooms because they’re known for removing mold spores. Also known to remove formaldehyde and trichloroethylene.
6. Gerbena Daisy: Not only do these gorgeous flowers remove benzene from the air, they’re known to improve sleep by absorbing carbon dioxide and giving off more oxygen over night.
Thanks to Teresa Chung Huang for sharing this!
White Lotus Feng Shui
Patricia Lee, Certified Feng Shui Consultant
San Francisco Bay Area, California, Washington DC Metro Area, Maryland, Virginia, Greater United States
© All Rights Reserved 2012